The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 1999. The mission of the Department is to bring out the best in each student through quality IT education with special emphasis on their character development so that they become good technocrats useful for the society. At present the Department is offering B.Tech programme in Information Technology. The Department is well equipped with latest computers in various labs and exclusive class rooms. The teaching learning process of our Department is accredited by NAAC and NBA. Currently the Department has 12 faculty members. All the faculty members are well qualified and experienced and 60% of the faculty members are involved in active research.
HOD's Desk ...
The Department has organized many faculty development programmes and workshops for the benefit of the students as well as the faculty members. Eminent persons from the industry are invited on a regular basis to deliver guest lectures on latest topics. Students are also encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extra curricular activities. Major research area of the Department has been identified as networking. Other areas of research are image processing and network security. As part of the research work, faculty members have published many papers in reputed journals and papers are also presented in international conferences.
|Mrs. Marykutty Cyriac||Professor & Head||View Profile|
|Mrs.T.Kavitha||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|Mrs. P.Thilagavathi||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|Mrs. A.R.Kavitha||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|Mr. A.Prakash||Associate Professor||View Profile|
|Mrs. S.Lilly Sheeba||Asst. Professor III||View Profile|
|Mrs. S.Indumathi||Asst. Professor II||View Profile|
|Mrs. R.Beulah Jayakumari||Asst. Professor II||View Profile|
|Mrs. X.Anita||Asst. Professor II||View Profile|
|Mrs. V.Kavitha Priyadharshini||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Mrs. A.Vinu||Asst. Professor I||View Profile|
|Mr. M.A. Vinoth Kumar||Lecturer||View Profile|
CLASS ROOMSThe classrooms are equipped with multimedia, LCD projectors and audio-visual equipment to facilitate effective learning. They are designed to promote maximum interaction between the faculty and students.
LABORATORIESThe department has spacious and fully air conditioned laboratory equipped with 120 systems in LAN connection to provide students for faster and high speed network access.
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- System Programming Lab
- RDBMS Lab
- Operating Systems Lab
- Case Tools Lab
- Visual Programming Lab
- Graphics and Multimedia Lab
- Software Component Lab
- Networking Lab
- Software Development Lab
DEPARTMENT LIBRARYIn addition to the central library, the Department hosts a separate library with 250 Information Technology related books and also we have 50 CDs , 76 lecturer notes and 200 project books and Journals like PC Quest, Computers Today, Computer World, Express Computer, Data Quest, Information Technology, Linux for You, Network Computing, CIO, CHIP & Linux. The final year project reports of the various students have also been maintained for necessary reference. A computer terminal with internet access throughout the day is provided for the students.
- A.R.Kavitha, Sr.Asst.Professor of the IT Dept, has organized a one day workshop on ‘Research resources available for Image Processing & Hands-on with MATLAB’ on 19.01.2013. The workshop was conducted for the faculty members and the research scholars of various institutions. The resource persons were Dr. R.M. Suresh, Principal, Jerusalem College of Engg, Ms. Marykutty Cyriac, HOD-IT and Ms.A.R. Kavitha, Sr.Asst Prof. In total, 55 students and 10 faculty members participated in the workshop. Participation certificate were issued to all the participants.
- P.Thilagavathy. Sr.Asst Professor and X.Anitha, Assistant Professor of the Dept of IT organized and conducted a design Contest on “Application Design using JAVA” on 14th Feb 2013. 34 Students from IT/CSE/MCA participated in the contest. Cash prizes were awarded to the winners.
- First Prize: Rs. 2000 won by S.N. Mugunthan & K. Mohana Priya of II MCA
- Second Prize : Rs.1000 won by V. Vivek & . M. Aravind Kumar of III IT
- M.Vivek Shankar
- B.Dhivya Bharathy
- Kathija Kubra
- Divya Meena.M
- R.Muthu selvi
- Winners : C.Rahini, H.Deepika III IT
- Runners : K.Prasath, S.Sundarajan, R.Sasinath, N.R.Elavenil, J.Nazneen, S.Sangeetha II IT
- Marykutty Cyriac, has published a paper titled A Novel Visually Lossless Spatial Domain Approach for Medical Image Compression in European Journal of Scientific Research during March 2012.
- Mrs.T.Kavitha published a paper titled A Novel Identity based Deterministic Key Distribution for Wireless Sensor Network in an international journal European Journal of Scientific Research on 2011.
- A.R. Kavitha, has published a paper tiled Implementation of gray level clustering algorithm for image segmentation in online journal of science direct.com published by Elsevier on November 2010.
- A.R. Kavitha, has published a paper tiled detection of brain tumour from mri image using modified region growing and neural network in an international journal journal of computational information system during April 2012.
- Mrs.T.Kavitha presented a paper titled Design of Deterministic key pre distribution using number theory in an international conference on Electronics Computer Technology(ICECT) 2011 at kanyakumari.
- Mrs T.Kavitha presented a paper titled Efficient key distribution in wireless sensor network by number theory In an international conference on Futuristic Trends in computer science Engineering & Information Technology (ICCT) 2012 at Thiruvalluvar college of Engg & Technology on 2012.
- Mrs.A.R.Kavitha presented a paper titled An Efficient brain tumor technique using Modified region growing algorithm in an IEEE sponsored International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies (ICCEETS 2012) Kumara coil on the 21st & 22nd of March 2012.
- Mrs.S.Lilly Sheeba has presented a paper titled A Time Index Based Approach for Cache Sharing in Mobile Adhoc Networks in an international conference on Computer science Engineering & applications. CSEA CCSEA 2011(15th July to 17th July) by AIRCC at Chennai.